Vision, Mission, and Beliefs
"Integrity, Service, and Excellence"
Pickens High School provides challenging academic and career opportunities to equip and to prepare students for college, career, and citizenship.
We believe ...
- In the pursuit of excellence.
- Learning and education are life-long processes.
- All students must have equitable educational opportunities.
- All people are unique and valuable.
- All people can learn and contribute to society.
- Education is a shared responsibility.
- Students are our first priority.
- Education is the key to success.
- In a safe, caring learning environment for all students and staff.
- Cultural diversity promotes full development of the individual and society.
- The "parent" is a child's first teacher.
- Today's schools shape tomorrow's workforce.
- Everyone deserves sensitivity, respect, and fair treatment.
- Encouragement, motivation, and a standard of excellence promote success.
- The home, school, and community environments directly impact the students' success.
- In setting high expectations and helping all students to meet them.